Thursday, May 10, 2012

Oh nights.

So tonight is Drew's first night working. He left around 5:45 pm and will get home tomorrow morning probably around 8 am. I kinda don't know what to do with myself. I drove up to Morenci, went to Bashas and the post office. There was construction so that took a while. And now I'm home. Why is it that when Drew isn't here, everything seems a little more sketch? I'm keeping the door closed tonight when I have no problem keeping it open any other time. I am hearing every noise.

Last night he tried to stay up late so he could sleep during the day today. I have totally thought the whole time we have been married that I would love a night by myself in our bed to spread out and get a solid night's sleep...it took me forever to fall asleep last night!!

On to something a little more fun. The past two days is has RAINED!! That's right, here in Arizona, it rained. And not just a light rain...it poured, hailed, lightninged (thats really a word?), and thundered! I would have soaked this up and enjoyed it if our trailer wasn't soaking it up instead...there were leaks in the roof, door, and window. Life just gets sweeter. :)
Looks like a storm coming!

If you look really close, you can see that is hail on the ground. God did not salt the trailer park.

Closer picture of the hail.

Cooler set up to catch the roof leak, towels on the ground, and towels in the window. **the cardboard in the window is a normal feature of our trailer. That is not the window that is leaking.
 So judge me or call me a sissy, but I didn't see my kids yesterday. The rain was way too much and then it was Drew's last day off. People here understand that so well. I have some awesome parents up here (but still miss so many of mine back in the valley!!). Another plus, I got to hang out with Creston and the boys. Always an adventure!!
Happy boys in the back of the truck!

Love how when Cade gets excited, his legs lock out in full extension.

Proof that Camden was sucking his thumb!!

Cade checking himself out in my phone.

BAHHHAHAHA!! Tired boys.
Camden was so sad on his way home because he wanted the sun to be back out. He didn't like the dark. He kept asking me where the sun went when it was dark. And that he wanted to go home.

Not sure how videos work on the blog, but this one makes me laugh every time!! We made one stop in Safford yesterday and the boys stayed in the truck with Drew and me. Cade kept yelling and pointing. I thought it wanted the window down so I told Drew to put it down. If that kid wasn't strapped into his car seat, he probably would have hit the ceiling he jumped so high. But then...he would not stop yelling for it to go up or down (in not those exact words). Check it out if you can!

Sorry about the having to turn. Please note the shaking he is so excited at the end of the window going up or down. I think his is something that will always make me smile!

Well, I have less than 12 hours left. :) Have a wonderful night everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment