Monday, April 30, 2012

A Little Brag Post.

Everyone brags every now and then right? Well today is my day. Its day two of Drew starting shift work. Day one was okay. A little lonely. But I'm not one who needs constant go go go in my life. I actually prefer it not to be in my life. So oddly enough I am okay with being in a trailer with two dogs for most of a 12 hour day (besides church and the grocery store yesterday). Yesterday was pretty low key. Did some stuff but not too much. Made spaghetti squash for dinner at 8 when Drew got home and was ready for dinner. Fun thing about that...the propane when out as I was starting to put stuff on the stove top. So I adapted...and used the grill and microwave. In the end (spaghetti squash with grilled zucchini and sausage with a vodka sauce, grilled garlic cheese bread, salad, and strawberries) it turned out really well with several good comments from Drew on the meal.  

Today I woke up shortly after Drew left (just before 6) to work on stuff. I started writing down things I needed to do...about 20 things. Its not 5 yet (about 2.5 hours left before Drew gets back) and I already have 13 done!!! 

Made this blanket for Alison, Peter, and baby to go over the car seat in the cold winter. I couldn't pass up the cute little monsters!!This was from Sunday. 

I have had this stone and paint since my parents came for spring break in March. I finally got around to painting it today!
So Vicky, being the weird dog she is, doesn't really walk up the stairs to the trailer, she just jumps. Well apparently her vision isn't comparable to humans because she didn't see the screen door was closed. *Note the shiny bottom part of the door...come on* She jumped right up, hit the screen, and came crashing back down. Two of the sides of the screen came off in the middles. So I fixed it today. With the only tool Drew doesn't have in his truck: a mini flat head screwdriver. :) so proud of myself.
Instead of square foot gardening due to a possible move (those boxes are super heavy!), we thought we would try cinder block gardening...not really sure its a thing. But we are making it a thing. Now the only problem...I cannot find the paper I wrote which seeds we put in which hole. Don't worry...its on my to do list :)

I know this one is corn!!! (I might be living in Arizona, but I'm an Indiana girl at heart. I know corn when I see it).

Most of the rest of the plants look like this. Except for the beans. Could be watermelon, cantaloupe, eggplant, and a few other things I can't remember right now and am too lazy to go find all the packets. 
Okay well I guess I will try and get the other 7 things done before Drew gets home. 

Oh a little info on how his first day of driving houses...err....haul trucks went. His mentor: Nascar (NOT his actual name, but IS his actual nickname). Drew drove 10 of the 12 hours. He slid some in the truck but recovered it quickly. Seemed pretty happy when he got home. Just sleepy. Who would be after 12 hours? I didn't complain because I was tired too. 


Hope everyone had a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment